Allergy Treatment (Environmental) New Jersey
Treatment Options and Choices
Try your best to avoid or minimize contact with your problematic allergens.
Medications that can control allergy symptoms but after stopping the medication your symptoms will come right back. Some common products include: antihistamines, decongestants, leukotriene inhibitors and prescription nasal sprays
Immunotherapy is the only proven therapy that reworks the immune system to recognize the allergens and not want to react to them. Coastal Ear, Nose and Throat offer two types of immunotherapy:
- Allergy Injections: Require weekly subcutaneous injections that eventually will be weaned after maintenance therapy has been achieved and symptom relief is evident.
- Sublingual Immunotherapy: The same specific serum is created, but the delivery is different. NO injections! This therapy utilizes dosing by administering the allergy serum under your tongue with daily drops. Patients can administer sublingual immunotherapy at home. This eliminates the need for weekly visits to the allergy office.
- Allergic Rhinitis-Hay Fever
- Allergic Rhinitis, Sinusitis, & Rhinosinusitis
- Allergies and Hay Fever
- Antihistamines, Decongestants, & Cold Remedies